Friday, April 22, 2011

rolling mill

I'm very excited that I recently got my own rolling mill. I have seen others work using a rolling mill and loved the organic effects. Dry leaves, thread, dry flowers, cut paper or handmade paper, thin wire, fabric are just a few of the things that can be used to texture silver, copper and brass. I was kind of afraid to use it on silver since the price of silver is so high right now - the new mill sat there unused for about a week - till I remembered - oh, Copper! Brass! Today was the first day to really try it out and this was my first texture on copper - a skeletal leave:

 I've already worked up a jewelry design to use this that I think will be pretty cool. I hope to show the finished pendant next week!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary -- Hoping to get in touch -- the email link no longer works!
    A few years ago you posted a photo on the ning, a shot of the spiral fire escape in a snowfall.
    Clarion University is doing a film for their Harvey Local History series, and they are looking for photos to intercut with the video. The filmmaker, Dr. Robert Nulph, really liked that shot and has asked me to contact you for permission to use that photo in their film.

    Please let me know what you think,

    Joann Wheeler
    ARTS Oil City
    814-676-5303 joannwheeler@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete